The purpose of this was to create a real-time tracking of port authority of Pittsburgh, PA, using the realtime API given by Port Authority on top of the Google Maps API.
- Buses Run at Realtime
- shows ETAs of buses to stops and stops to buses
- shows stop markers above a certain zoom
- RecyclerView saves via sharedpreferences
- Uses RxJava + Retrofit to obtain data from Port Authority's API
- Our (lame) attempt at using MVVM for UI-model interaction
- the buses don't update until after 10+ seconds. Our app only updates every 10 seconds
- There are only a couple buses offered publicly. We promise to get updates to the new buses as soon as possible!
- Buses disappear when off-route away from their route lines
Please refer to this wiki page for instructions to install and use the project.
This will be done using Android Studio 1.0 as of 12-09-2014.