Contributing to Blaggregator!
Blaggregator is a blog aggregator for the Recurse Center, built and maintained
by the community. Thank you for considering contributing to it, and taking the
time to read this document!
If you enjoy the tool or are interested in practicing web programming on a "real app" that's used at least by a few hundred people, quite regularly, this is a great way to get some experience. Please feel free to contribute features and fixes. If you have any questions or project ideas, get in touch with Puneeth(@punchagan) or Sasha(@sursh).
Code of conduct
RC's social rules apply, while you are contributing to this Blaggregator!
- Use the present tense ("Add feature" not "Added feature")
- Use the imperative mood ("Move cursor to..." not "Moves cursor to...")
- Limit the first line to 72 characters or less
- Reference issues and pull requests liberally
- When only changing documentation, include
[ci skip]in the commit description
- Adding tests for the code you submit is highly encouraged!
- If you are making a UI change, try and include a screenshot.
- Before starting work on a big feature/contribution, you are encouraged to let us know in a related issue.
👍for referring to issue numbers in your pull-requests
Some general ideas/areas to help in
More stuff should happen "async". Currently, most things happen synchronously, not giving the best possible user experience
Anything that makes it easier for alum (who usually find it hard to keep up with Zulip) to follow Blaggregator posts
Make it easier to search for old posts - by author, content, topic, etc.
Testing/security - Security audit of the app or adding more tests to the app would go a long way