Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- redeclipse_1.6.0_combined.tar.bz2 864 MB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_combined.tar.bz2.torrent 68.1 KB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_mac.tar.bz2 859 MB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_mac.tar.bz2.torrent 67.6 KB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_nix.tar.bz2 857 MB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_nix.tar.bz2.torrent 67.5 KB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_win.exe 841 MB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_win.exe.torrent 66.2 KB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_win.zip 874 MB
- redeclipse_1.6.0_win.zip.torrent 68.8 KB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
Red Eclipse v1.6.0 (Sunset Edition) has been released!
We apologise to everyone who downloaded v1.5.9 and had to deal with it's broken state. This release fixes those issues, and is dubbed "Sunset Edition", as this will be the final release with the old Cube Engine 2 rendering pipeline that we have used for the past 10 years. In v2.0 we will have an all new rendering system from Tesseract, featuring dynamic lighting and other modern rendering techniques that are sure to impress everyone. Here's to another 10 years!
- Fixed broken release packages. Oops.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Cleaned up some in-game messages.
- Created AppImage builds.
- Disabled sound when SDL 2.0.6 is detected as it is broken.
- Fix the random weapon selection code.
- Attempt to fix incorrect client state during desync.
- Limited the length of server descriptions to 80 characters.
- New maps, mapmodels, and vanity items have been added.
- Improved team balancing mechanics, including using statistics if available.
- Improved behaviour of reset-to-floor for flags/bombs/etc.