Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Reddcoin Core 220.127.116.11
Reddcoin Core v 18.104.22.168 is available with the following updates:
- additional dnsseed nodes across global locations (Europe, US, Asia)
- resolve some compiler issues
- fix some gitian build issues
- Update debian installation instructions
- improve layout of QT splash screen
- typographical fixes
Reddcoin Core 2.0.0
Version 2.0.0 is the official release version of Reddcoin Core. On top of the new features, this update contains very important security fixes and all users MUST upgrade to this version as soon as possible. Details on several vulnerabilities were made public by the Bitcoin team (Official Bitcoin warning) regarding the issues. It is particularly important that users who are staking do upgrade, as once BIP 66 is enforced, version 3 blocks will be rejected from the network entirely.
Reddcoin 2.0.0 is a complete rebuild based off Bitcoin 0.9. This means in terms of the code-base we introduced all the changes up to Bitcoin 0.9.5 into this version of Reddcoin Core.
We have also included a couple of features from the 0.10 build including a connected peers tab and bandwidth monitoring
We therefore suggest to read the release notes of Bitcoin up to and including 0.9.
v2.0.0 is a recommended update for all users.
For further explanation of these, see the above mentioned Bitcoin release notes.
Code-base switched to Bitcoin
In efforts to improve the fast adoption of upstream changes, Reddcoin was switched from using litecoin to bitcoin code base.
New utility applications
Reddcoin-cli for RPC command line functionality. Moving to split the client and server components from reddcoind
Reddcoin Core 2.0.0 includes parallel block synchronization to greatly reduce the initial blockchain synchronization time.
Strict signature encoding (BIP66)
This release activates BIP66 which enforces strict rules about how transaction signatures are encoded and therefore will introduce a new block version (4). These rules will only activate once a certain number of blocks are mined with this new version. It will take effect after 85% of the network (6120/7200 blocks) are generating v4 blocks (7200 blocks is equivilant to 5 days worth of blocks).
NOTE: This is not a hard fork, as all existing wallets will accept version 4 blocks, although they'll fail to enforce the new requirements.
Once the above rule is activated, the network will reject the creation of version (3) blocks (stakes on earlier clients e.g v1.4.1). Transactions using earlier clients will be accepted by the network
RPC access changes
RPC access now supports binary network addresses. This means that you can specify a single IP address, a CIDR network address or a netmask for accessing the RPC service. Please note, wildcard string matching no longer works and will display an error in the debug.log file when you attempt to use use a wildcard string in the rpcallowip= variable, either as a config setting or launch parameter.
Note: IPv6 addresses can also be used.
Stakeminer will wait for both the blockchain and network
This release will allow the staking of wallets that are not encrypted. Previously, if a wallet was not encrypted, the wallet would attempt to stake blocks as they were being downloaded. The wallet will now wait before staking is enabled.
It is however highly recommended to encrypt your wallet for your own peace of mind.
QT Debug window includes network and peer details
An addition to the QT wallet is the network graph tab to visually monitor network usage and the peers details tab to display other attached nodes.
DNS Seeds added
Additional dns seeds (dnsseed.redd.ink/testnet-dnsseed.redd.ink) for main and testnet to create some resilience for the network discovery
Please backup your wallet regularly and especially before performing this upgrade. Do not copy your wallet.dat while Reddcoin Core is open. Instead you should either use the backup feature you find in the "File" menu or shut down Reddcoin Core completely before you make a copy of your wallet.dat.
- Update IP addresses of official nodes
- Use consistent timestamp rules for coinstake transactions and blocks.
- bootstrap.dat.xz 318 MB
- reddcoin-22.214.171.124-linux.tar.gz 18.7 MB
- reddcoin-126.96.36.199-mac.dmg 12 MB
- reddcoin-188.8.131.52-win.zip 14.7 MB
- reddwallet-1.4.0-linux32.tar.gz 50.6 MB
- reddwallet-1.4.0-linux64.tar.gz 49 MB
- reddwallet-1.4.0-mac.dmg 37.4 MB
- reddwallet-1.4.0-win.zip 38.4 MB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
- New DNS seeds in Asia and Europe
- Much improved parameters for optimal staking
- New functionality in RPC calls
- Updated documents
- bootstrap.dat.xz 231 MB
- reddcoin-184.108.40.206-linux.tar.gz 18.7 MB
- reddcoin-220.127.116.11-mac.dmg 12.1 MB
- reddcoin-18.104.22.168-win.zip 14.6 MB
- reddwallet-1.1.1-linux32.tar.gz 39.9 MB
- reddwallet-1.1.1-linux64.tar.gz 38.3 MB
- reddwallet-1.1.1-mac.dmg 97.7 MB
- reddwallet-1.1.1-win.zip 28.8 MB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
- Fix bug in calculating expected staking time in RPC call getstakinginfo
- Change wording for staking info
- Update staking-related RPC calls
- Fix a bug that causes a staking wallet to crash upon exit
- First official release of Social Wallet
- Fix bug of timestamp for old transactions in orphaned blocks.
- SHA256 checksums below are signed by laudney's PGP key:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: GPGTools - https://gpgtools.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Implementation of PoSV
- PoSV starts at block 260,800 which is expected to be minted around 7pm GMT on 2nd August, 2014
- Mandatory upgrade for everyone except mining pools.
- Mining pools must run daemons v22.214.171.124 to generate new PoW blocks which are accepted into the blockchain.