Visual Studio Code Extension Tester
UI Testing Framework for Visual Studio Code.
- Download a test instance of Visual Studio Code
- Download the appropriate version of ChromeDriver
- Package and Install your extension into downloaded VS Code instance
- Launch the VS Code instance using Selenium Webdriver
- Run your tests
- Visual Studio Code 1.37+
- NodeJS <=18.15.x
- Supported Operating Systems
- macOS (platform specific limitations, more in Known Issues)
Simply install our package into your extension devDependencies to get started:
npm install --save-dev vscode-extension-tester@latest
Make sure to check out the documentation for detailed instructions.
Our full documentation is located in GitHub Wiki. Included are details about Page Object API and how to setup Mocha tests information.
Something is not working properly? In that case, feel free to open issues, add feature requests, report bugs, etc.
If you'd like to help us get better, we appreciate it! Check out our Contribution Guide on how to do that.
We have prepared few answers for most common problems community reported. See Known Issues