RDO Project Easyfix
The RDO Easyfix project is a collection of issues that we consider "easy to fix". It is meant as a way to help people begin contributing to the RDO project.
I am new to the RDO Project, How can I contribute?
- Check for open easyfix issues
- Each issue includes the IRC nick of a mentor.
- Read the issue carefully and go through the links attached to issue.
- If you aren't able to understand, join the IRC channel
- Contact the mentor regarding the issue, they will help you move forward.
I want to add an easyfix issue
- Go to issues and file the issue.
- Clearly describe the problem to be solved.
- Include the project name as a tag in the issue title (e.g., a DLRN issue would be tagged with
[DLRN] Proofread documentation)
- Add steps to reproduce the problem.
- Add links which will help to understand the problem.
- Add your IRC nickname.
- Add information about where someone can contribute changes.
- Always include a link to the project source code.
I'm still confused, what should I do?
- Join the RDO mailing list and introduce yourself, or
#rdoIRC channel on Freenode and say hello. Someone is generally around and happy to help.
- The Packager onboarding guide and RDO Package Maintainer Guide have useful information.
I want to become mentor, What should I do?
Checklist for sending your first RDO gerrit Review:
git checkout -b easyfix/<#easyfix_issue_number>to create and checkout to a new branch on the issue you are working
- Add the changed files using
git add <modified files>command.
- Then, run
git commitcommand, It will open a editor to write a commit message.
- In the commit message:
- First line: What you have fixed?
- Second Line: Fixed for issue
RDO easy Fix issue link
- Save the file.
git reviewto send the RDO gerrit review.
- If something went wrong, you can run
git commit --amendto change the commit message.
- We can download specific RDO gerrit review using
git review -d <RDO review number>
- Alfredo Moralejo (amoralej)
- Alan Pevec (apevec)
- Chandan Kumar (chandankumar)
- Javier Pena (jpena)
- Lars Kellogg-Stedman (larsks)
- Jon Schlueter (jschlueter/yazug)
- Yatin Karel (ykarel)