for the time when you want to watch something with friends in sync over the net
mpv --script client.lua- for clients
mpv --script master.lua- for room hosts
Remember: there can be multiple room clients, but there can be only one host.
lua lua-dev luarocks5.2 mpv
# luarocks install httpclient
- Modify index.php - set the password and such
- Host the file somewhere available from both sides. It will act as a backend server
- Distribute or host configured client.lua for others
- Configure your own master.lua and use it as a controller
- Even more profit!
- If mpv crashes miserably, you might have installed a plugin for a wrong version of lua. Check what version is in use by mpv (look at error paths) and what version is in use by luarocks; If they're different, install luarocks for apropriate lua version and then repeat
- Unencrypted pass over raw http is always a good idea (as in, don't use your real password...)
- Dropped frames shouldn't be a problem, but slow connection could