Low latency, high throughput, enterprise-scale logging system for Ruby
Logging to the following destinations are all supported "out-of-the-box":
Semantic Logger is capable of logging thousands of lines per second without slowing down the application. Traditional logging systems make the application wait while the log information is being saved. Semantic Logger avoids this slowdown by pushing log events to an in-memory queue that is serviced by a separate thread that only handles saving log information to multiple destinations at the same time.
Semantic Logger is tested and supported on the following Ruby platforms:
- Ruby 2.0 and above
- JRuby 1.7 and above
- JRuby 22.214.171.124 and above
- Rubinius 2.5 and above
The following gems are only required when their corresponding appenders are being used, and are therefore not automatically included by this gem:
- Bugsnag Appender: gem 'bugsnag'
- MongoDB Appender: gem 'mongo' 1.9.2 or above
- NewRelic Appender: gem 'newrelic_rpm'
- Syslog Appender: gem 'syslog_protocol' 0.9.2 or above
- Syslog Appender to a remote syslogng server over TCP or UDP: gem 'net_tcp_client'
- Splunk Appender: gem 'splunk-sdk-ruby'
gem install semantic_logger
Ruby 1.8 is no longer supported, see Ruby 1.8.7 EOL
Rails logging is no longer automatically replaced when including SemanticLogger. Include the rails_semantic_logger gem to replace the Rails default logger with SemanticLogger
git clone git://github.com/reidmorrison/semantic_logger.git
- Home: https://github.com/reidmorrison/semantic_logger
- Bugs: http://github.com/reidmorrison/semantic_logger/issues
- Gems: http://rubygems.org/gems/semantic_logger
This project uses Semantic Versioning.
Reid Morrison :: @reidmorrison
Copyright 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Reid Morrison
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.