Version 2.4.1 - Wed 16 Nov 2016
Tych Panel is an extension for Adobe Photoshop that automates diptychs and triptychs creation. It supports an arbitrary number of layouts using a powerful row/column compositing paradigm. Together with a super easy panel interface, Tych Panel is the ultimate diptych, tripych & ntych automation tool.
Tych Panel is released as open source and licensed under the MIT license.
Download & Install
- Download & unzip https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p8dr1iwoa763h7/tychpanel-2.4.1.zip
- In Photoshop, goto File > Scripts > Browse...
- Browse to the newly uncompressed folder. Select the installer.jsx that corresponds to your Photoshop version.
- Restart Photoshop.
- Show the panel by going to Window / Extensions / Tych Panel.
Building & testing (CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2017) - Html5 panel
Run package-html to build the panel.
Install using installer script. In Photoshop, goto File > Scripts > Browse...
Select the installer.jsx that corresponds to your Photoshop version.
Enable the panel via Window / Extensions / Tych Panel in Photoshop.
Installation (CS5, CS6, CC) - Flash panel
- Copy the contents of scripts/photoshop to /Presets/Scripts/Tych Panel (create the "Tych Panel" directory if needed).
- Open flash-panel/Tych Panel.gpc in Adobe Configurator and export it to /Plug-ins/Panels.
- Enable the panel via Window/Extensions/Tych Panel in Photoshop.
- Fixed bug in installation script preventing installation on CC 2017.
- Installation script now gives better error messages (hopefully).
- Added drag & drop support. Just drag pictures to the buttons in the panels.
- Photoshop CC 2015.5 compatibility fixes.
- Fixed incorrect paths in Bridge script.
- Added installer script for installing without Adobe Extension Manager.
- Photoshop CC 2015 compatibility fixes.
- Included missing thumbnail placeholder image.
- Fixed broken 'Use selected images in Adobe Bridge'.
- Fixed issue with Bridge startup script adding menu elements multiple times.
- Fixed issue with large images.
- Ported panel to html5 panel (Flash panels were discontinued in Photoshop CC 2014).
- Added color theme support.
- Adapted for retina displays.
- Fixed flatten bug.
- Fixed revert units bug.
- Fixed bug which caused documents being closed when autosave=false.
- Tych Panel ProTools support.
- Keep transparency when flattening documents.
- Fixed bug when specifying the same image twice or more from the command line.
- Prevent reorder window from appearing when with only one image from command line.
- Fixed issue with reorder window not appearing when called from command line.
- Fixed bug with long filenames. Names with more than 255 characters will be truncated.
- Alert the user when trying to save to an invalid directory.
- Use the correct icon on new row button.
- Changed theming of CS6 panel to match the default (dark) theme of PS CS6.
- Added icon.
- Minor fix for PS CS6.
- Fixes a bug that breaks Tych Panel in non-English Photoshop installs.
- Reorder images with thumbnails.
- New impoved row/column paradigm that allows virtually unlimited number of layouts.
- Rows & columns can be attached on either side of your document.
- Resize to both target width & height.
- Maintain width or height when adding new rows & columns.
- Convert images to smart objects.
- Ability to use layer masks instead of cropping images.
- Run Tych Panel on selected images in Adobe Bridge.
- Added option to use selected images in Adobe Bridge as input
- Save as PSD.
- Background color option.
- Support for images with layers (via Flatten Image)
- Outer border width and color options.
- Rounded corners on each image.
- Rounded corners on outermost images.
- Added option to save each individual layer.
- Smarter file naming so that allows the resulting file name to derive from input files.
- Save as PNG.
- Apply an arbitrary number of actions.
- Decide when to apply actions - before laying out pictures, or after.
- Removed workaround for panel background color. If the color doesn't match in PS, you should update your Photoshop.
- Fixed triptych bug that made seams the wrong size and the background to not be filled.
- Fixed nasty bug which made the script ignore that the resizing option was disabled.
- Preload button images; hopefully fixing problem with button state images not showing all the time.
- Fixed rounding error issue on some of the layouts (diptych 1 and 2 and quaptych grid) giving seams that were slightly off.
- Fixed compositing bug with already opened document.
- Fixed unit bug where current unit in Photoshop was used rather than pixels, leading to images being resized using the wrong unit.
- Use own stack script instead of Adobe's "Load Files into Stack" which acted a bit buggy when called from a html link.
- Fixed 'Close on save' bug.
- Changed to button layout to be centered and added a little top margin.