A patch carefully prepared and updated by @ccutrer brings us a byte size option for the batch mode!
See the batch_byte_size option on the Batch class. Both batch_byte_size and batch_size can be used together, whichever is reached first will cause a batch flush. There is no default for batch_byte_size, so no change for existing users unless they opt-in by setting batch_byte_size.
Thank you Cody!
- Major changes to concurrency and locking control to address numerous issues in concurrent environments.
- Drop support for Ruby 1.8
- statsd.time now always sends results, even with exceptions or returns from the given blocks
- Add IPv6 support
- Fix numerous issues with JRuby, after IPv6 support was added
- Add TCP support
- Add Admin API support
- Support custom delimiters
- Removed JSON gem dependencies, rubies now ship a json library