RelatedChat is an open-source alternative communication platform. Both iOS (Swift), Android (React Native), and Web (React) version source codes are available.
- Live demo server available
- Updated iOS (Swift) codebase
- New Android (React Native) version
- New Desktop browser (React) version
- Single backend server (using GraphQLite)
- Direct chat functionality
- Channel chat functionality
- Sending text messages
- Sending emoji messages
- Sending photo messages
- Sending video messages
- Sending audio messages
- Sending stickers
- Sending GIF messages
- Media file local cache
- Media message re-download option
- Media download network settings (Wi-Fi, Cellular or Manual)
- Cache settings for media messages (automatic/manual cleanup)
- Typing indicator
- Load earlier messages
- Message delivery receipt
- Message read receipt
- Arbitrary message sizes
- Send/Receive sound effects
- Copy and paste text messages
- Video length limit possibility
- Save photo messages to device
- Save video messages to device
- Realtime conversation view for ongoing chats
- All media view for chat media files
- Picture view for multiple pictures
- Basic Settings view included
- Basic Profile view for users
- Edit Profile view for changing user details
- Sign in with Email
- Terms of Service view
- Full source code is available
- No backend programming is needed
- Native and easy to customize user interface
- Supports native iOS Dark Mode
- Supported devices: iPhone SE - iPhone 13 Pro Max
pod install first (the CocoaPods Frameworks and Libraries are not included in the repo).
2., Create some test users by using the demo server.
3., Open the
app.xcworkspace from Xcode and select Product/Run (⌘ R).
1., Setup Gradle variables by following the official docs.
2., Open a terminal and run
3., Open another terminal and run
npx react-native run-android --variant=release.
For a complete guide on how to publish and run your React Native app, please refer to the official docs.
You can install RelatedChat on any servers (Windows, Linux or macOS), by using Docker. Just download the Docker Compose file to your computer and initiate the process.
curl -o docker-compose.yml https://gqlite.com/relatedchat/docker-compose.yml docker-compose up -d
Make sure to change all the sensitive values in your YAML file before building your server.
environment: DB_HOST: pg DB_PORT: 5432 DB_DATABASE: gqlserver DB_USER: gqlserver DB_PASSWORD: gqlserver CACHE_HOST: rd CACHE_PORT: 6379 CACHE_PASSWORD: gqlserver MINIO_ROOT_USER: gqlserver MINIO_ROOT_PASSWORD: gqlserver ADMIN_EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ADMIN_PASSWORD: gqlserver SECRET_KEY: f2e85774-9a3b-46a5-8170-b40a05ead6ef
Copyright (c) 2023 Related Code
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.