Hooppps is a mobile-friendly dribbble browser. Why? Well, we love dribbble and we all have iPhones, Androids, and other smart-phones, but dribbble does not have a mobile stylesheet. When the dribbble API came out, some iPhone apps hit the app store but that didn't service everybody and they cost money for a limited version of dribbble. We just wanted to browse shots and players!
Hooppps is built on Rails 3.1 and uses the Swish gem to use the dribbble API.
- Popular Shot landing page (lists shots and some data about the shot)
- Everyone and Debut shots pages (via top nav)
- Link to shot page
- Share shot on twitter
- List comments and link to players' pages
- Link to player page (lists player's shots and player and data about player/shots)
- Follow player on twitter
- Go to Player (via top nav)
- Serves Mobile layout and Browser layout that simulates the mobile experience (hover and scroll on the app screen)
Good news: hooppps is free. Use it! :) You can clone this, and run it on your own Heroku account if you like... show us what you do!
This is a first pass. We would love your suggestions and/or contributions. Send a pull request, fork the project, send design comps... whatever you feel compelled to do. The code is all here so you can do whatever you like with it!
Current contributor list:
- Michael Parenteau
- Jared Pace
- Jon Distad
- Alex Redington
- Larry Karnowski
- Shay Frendt
- Muness Alrubaie
- Jess Martin
- Bimo Wijoyo
- Vojto Rinik
TODO & KNOWN ISSUES
- Behavioral details? (note: don't bog the project down with making views huge and giant plugins)
- Stay on top of API changes / additions
TO RUN PROJECT IN DEV MODE
- Make sure you have ruby-1.9.2 & Rails 3.1 installed
- Install Bundler:
gem install bundler
- Start rails server:
- In browser go to http://localhost:3000/
- On phone on wifi use http://your-ip-address:3000
- Play & Enjoy!
- Follow Hooppps on twitter http://twitter.com/hooppps
- Dribbble is righteous! http://dribbble.com
- Relevance, Inc. http://thinkrelevance.com
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2010 Relevance, Inc. - http://thinkrelevance.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.