A base Rails 4 application. Features user and admin system with Facebook login. It is instadeployable to Heroku.
The view is implemented using Bootstrap 3.
Here's a live demo. Just note that environment variables for Facebook login are not set so logging in that way will not work.
- pg for PostgreSQL
- Devise for authenticating users with OmniAuth for Facebook login
- Ransack for searching users
- Kaminari for pagination
For testing and development:
- Cucumber with Capybara
- Factory Girl
- Awesome Print
- Email spec
- Make sure you have Ruby 2.0.0.
- Install dependencies from Gemfile:
bundle install --path .bundle.
- Create your
config/database.yml, create the database and run the migrations.
- For Facebook login to work, export environment variables
- When creating a new app from this one, you will want to change
base-app is Copyright © 2011-2014 Rendered Text. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.