Learn HTML and CSS the Right way
This is the GitHub Pages repository for the HTML CSS: The Right Way project.
- This website is a Jekyll project.
- Each section and sub-section are a Markdown file in
- Sub-sections have
isChild: truein their front matter.
- The navigation and page structure are automatically generated.
Spread the Word!
This is a collection of everything a frontend developer should know regarding best practices and guidelines. It is meant for complete newbie to learn what is the result of other's experience and learn "the right way". Because the web changed so much, we should not do the same past mistakes again.
How to Contribute
Ask how to do something
- Go to the issue tracker, suggest in "How do I..." milestone
- Thank you!
Add to content
- Fork and edit
- Optionally install Ruby with Jekyll gem to preview locally
- Submit pull request for consideration
Contributor Style Guide
- Use English spelling (primary English repo only)
- Use four (4) spaces to indent text; do not use tabs.
- Wrap all text to 120 characters
Project is very new. You can fork and start translating.
To avoid fragmentation and reader confusion, please choose one of these options:
- We link to your GitHub Pages fork with
- We link to your GitHub Pages fork with a subdomain (e.g. "fr.htmlcsstherightway.com")
If you use a subdomain, enter the subdomain into the
CNAME file, and ask us to setup DNS for you. If you do not use a subdomain, remove the
CNAME file entirely else your fork will not build when pushed.
When your translation is ready, open an issue on the Issue Tracker to let us know.
There is a lot of community efforts regarding open-sourcing best practices and how to do "the right way".
This repository aims to solve this problem regarding Frontend, HTML and CSS development.
Most interrestingly, most of them are on a "fork", "pull request" community effort and follows the line of other great initiatives:
- CSS Style
- HTML5 - A technical specification for Web developers
- PHP: The Right Way
- Survive the Deep End: PHP Security
My name is Renoir Boulanger. I am member of French Canadian (Québec) Web Standards community non for profit organization called W3Québec. And I am maintaining the site. I build websites since Netscape Communicator.
Your name here :)