Download ClickToFlash 1.1 here. Currently requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
ClickToFlash is a WebKit plug-in that prevents automatic loading of Adobe Flash content. If you want to see the content, you can opt-in by clicking on it or adding an entire site to its whitelist.
Try control-clicking (or right-clicking) on a unloaded Flash box to access ClickToFlash's contextual menu which allow you to do advanced things like edit its whitelist.
- [NEW] Tasteful "Flash" icon now drawn on top of the gradient to make it more clear that it's blocked Flash content. (Ricky Romero, Justin Williams)
- [NEW] Contextual menu and simple whitelist editor. (Dave Dribin)
- [NEW] Show the Flash box's source as a tooltip. (Jason Foreman)
- [NEW] Rakefile to compile & upgrade the plugin by running 'rake' in the directory. (Ale Muñoz)
- [DEV] Clean-up. Nonatomic properties, remove unused methods,
NSUInteger. (Jim Correia)
- [DEV] Change CFBundleIdentifier from com.google.code.p.clicktoflash to com.github.rentzsch.clicktoflash.
- original Google code project deleted. This fork takes on official-ish mantle.
- Forked from original Google code project (Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch)
- [NEW] Site whitelisting by holding down option key when clicking a flash box. (Gus Mueller)
- [FIX] Use
-[NSEvent modifierFlags]instead of Carbon's
GetCurrentKeyModifiers(). (Chris Parker)
- [DEV] Store white-listed sites in an array instead of composite keys. (Jean-Francois Roy)
- 1.0 original Google Code release