cocos2Dx-html5 procedurally generated engine with websockets
This is a simple cocos2Dx-html5 demo template with Socket.io
The objective of this template is to provide a websocket engine for procedurally generated 2d worlds.
The communication between server and clients is only done using webscockets (no-REST).
- Supports multiplayer (you can see other players next to you)
- Random name generator for players
- The client will only render the sectors around you, not the whole world.
- When the player discovers a new secotr, the server will populate that sector (new discovered sectors apperars brighter to the user)
- The currenct sector will appear as red
- Move the player using the keyboard, the camera will follow you.
How to run (docker)
Open your browser in http://localhost:8000
How to run (without docker)
- Run web game
Simply run this web files on your favourite web server, like:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
- Run websocket server on nodejs
cd server npm install node app.js
How to "play"
- Open two different browser windows
- Move your player with your keyboard and see it moving on the other browser
- Persistent world using database like redis
- Draw background using tiles