Kots Sentry Demo
This is a working demo for packaging Sentry as a Kots application.
- Create a new Kots application in the Replicated Vendor Portal
Create a new application and name it (by default this is a KOTS application, other schedulers are available if needed).
Select the 'Releases' tab of the vendor portal, click "create release," delete the default yaml files and upload all the files from the
manifestsdirectory of this repo. These files include plain Kubernetes yaml for sample app (Sentry), along with the following Kots-specific yaml specs:
- replicated-app.yaml - specifies application title and icon, for display in the kots admin console
- preflight.yaml - specifies tests to run against the target cluster, prior to deployment of the app
- support-bundle.yaml - specifies how custom diagnostic info should be collected, analyzed, and displayed
- application.yaml - specifies the application link URLs (from the Kubernetes App SIG: https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/application)
- config.yaml - specifies the configuration options in the Replicated config DSL.
Create a release, and promote that release to a deployment channel
- Create a customer and download an application license
- Select the Customers option on the left menu, create a new customer, and assign the customer to a channel.
- Select the Channels option from the left menu, and review the 'Install' command, which will show
your-app-slugand a Replicated URL to install with Kots.
- Install the Kots kubectl plugin on your workstation
curl https://kots.io/install | bash
- Test the deployment:
your-namespacewhich will be the namespace for every component of the deployed application and the kots admin console
kubectl kots install your-app-slug
- You will be prompted to provide a namespace to install into as well as a password (to control access to the admin console), and then to connect to http://localhost:8800 , where you can login with the password you just specified, and then upload the customer license.
- Clean up
kubectl delete ns your-namespace