IPython Notebook UI Concept
This concept proposes a collapsible side-pane that allows quick notebook navigation.
In figure above:
- Notebook title.
- Notebook file path.
- A fixed-height side pane consisting of two tabs:
- MiniMap tab: similar to Sublime Text minimap, showing the structure of the document using Heading cells.
- Notebooks tab: a tree-view of the notebooks in the current directory (including subdirectories). Clicking on each notebook either opens it in a new tab or goes to its tab if it is already open.
- MiniMap area - working as a TOC. Clicking on any part of the MiniMap will navigate notebook to that section.
- Green horizontal line showing the location of the last executed cell.
- Current view. The light gray box shows the location of the current view in the notebook.
- General info, like last edit and memory usage by this notebook.
- "No nbconvert" checkbox prevents
nbconvertto include this cell in the latex files. Useful when converting to latex to prevent the inclusion of large pure-code sections.
- Collapse this cell and the corresponding output.