Matlab installation instructions - University of Melbourne
Staff and students at the University of Melbourne are able to install Matlab on their own personal computer by following these steps.
1. Create a MathWorks account
- At the MathWorks website, select the "Log In" link in the top right hand corner
- Select "Create Account"
- Enter your personal details, noting that you'll need to use your university email address in order to obtain Matlab for free
- When asked how you will use MathWorks software, select "Academic use"
2. Create a license
- While logged into your account, go to the License Centre
- Select the "Associate to License" link in the top right hand corner
- When prompted, enter one of the following activation keys and click "Associate License"
- 24759-36418-71647-13382-89362 (for university staff)
- 18098-22076-81253-90866-03229 (for university students)
3. Download Matlab
- While still in the License Centre, select the "Download Products" link and follow the instructions on each dialog box in the download procedure
- Start the MathWorks installer
- Windows: Double-click the setup.exe file
- Macintosh: Double-click the InstallForMacOSX file
- Linux/Unix: Run the install script
- Choose "Log in with a MathWorks Account" and follow the prompts
If you have any trouble following the steps above, you can find more detailed instructions here. You'll need to following information depending on whether you are a student or staff member:
- Page 1-8 to 1-10 shows how to access the MathWorks site to create an account and download the software
- Page 1-11 to 1-17 instructs the user on how to install and activate the software
- Activation Key: 24759-36418-71647-13382-89362
- License: 342764
- End Users: Total Academic Headcount (TAH) Campus
- Page 1-34 to 1-36 shows how to access the MathWorks site to create an account and download the software
- Page 1-37 to 1-42 instructs the user on how to install and activate the software
- Activation Key: 18098-22076-81253-90866-03229
- License: 932357
- End Users: Total Academic Headcount (TAH) Student