These packages are for ROS integration for our hexapods.
|hexapod_bringup||launch file for the hardware interface of Pexod|
|hexapod_description||Xacro for Pexod, as well as relevant launch files for the description|
|hexapod_driver||C++ API to control our hexapods (talks to dynamixel_control through trajectory messages)|
|hexapod_ros||metapackage for the above packages|
Important: When this repository is updated, URDF files must be generated and pushed to hexapod_common/hexapod_models.
- dynamixel_control: Hardware interface for ros_control and the Dynamixels actuators
- hexapod_common: Its controllers are used by the
- hexapod_ik: inverse kinematics for the legs that allow to control the hexapods in cartesian space
- Author/Maintainer: Konstantinos Chatzilygeroudis
- Other contributors: Dorian Goepp
Contains the URDF models of our hexapods. Its launch files take care of generating the URDF from Xacro files and loading it in ROS.
The visuals of these models are made with STL files taken from our CAD designs (see pexod_mechanical_design) and generated from Robotis' models of their own parts (dynamixel actuators and frames).