Follow these guidelines, in no particular order, to improve your chances of having a pull request merged in.
Before you do anything else
- Before reporting an issue or creating a pull request, discuss it in the Google Group http://groups.google.com/group/restsharp
Once a contribution is ready to be submitted
- Make each pull request atomic and exclusive; don't send pull requests for a laundry list of changes.
- Even better, commit in small manageable chunks.
- Spaces, not tabs. Bracket style doesn't matter. Do not reformat code you didn't touch.
- Changes to XmlDeserializer or JsonDeserializer must be accompanied by a unit test covering the change.
- In general, changes should be accompanied by unit tests to show what was broken and how your patch fixes it.
- No regions except for license header
- Code must build for .NET 3.5 Client Profile, Silverlight 4 and Windows Phone 7
- If you didn't write the code you must provide a reference to where you obtained it and preferably the license.
- Use autocrlf=true
git config --global core.autocrlf truehttp://help.github.com/dealing-with-lineendings/