Firmware and Software Updates
There are two methods for installing custom firmware, the flash method and the OPK method. The OPK method avoids having to open the device, but it's wise to replace the (rather cheap and unreliable) SD card that comes with the device, so the first update should use the flash method.
The latest OPK release is 1.5.1 dated 10-27-2019.
RG-350 Update (1.5.1) 10-27-2019-2 (STABLE RELEASE)
- Copy the OPK to the "apps" directory in the root of your SD card. If the folder does not exist, create it.
- After inserting the card into your device and starting, an "OS Update" Icon will appear on your Applications Tab. Open it.
- Use the "Start" button to select "Ok" as needed to proceed with the update.
- System will reboot. After this point the updater OPK can be deleted.
The latest flash-firmware release (installed by opening the device up) is 1.5.
RG-350 v1.5_BASE 10-23-2019 Firmware (STABLE RELEASE)
PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP FIRST BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS
- Remove the internal sd card make sure you completely wipe it inc all the partitions
- Flash using Balena Etcher
- Then finally extend the ext4 partition with diskgenius or any other partition tool and your be good to go.