Firmware and Software Updates
Clone this wiki locally
SOME OTHER DEVICES WORK WITH THE ALTERNATIVE FIRMWARE! READ BELOW!
This firmware is close to the stock firmware with various fixes and improvements.
---[ Download Here ]---[ Update file with HDMI ]---
PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS
- Remove the internal sd card make sure you completely wipe it inc all the partitions
- Flash using Balena Etcher
- Extend the ext4 partition with diskgenius or any other partition tool and your be good to go.
- Download the update opk file.
- Put them in a folder called apps on your external SD card.
- Launch your device, go over to apps and open the updater. Follow the instructions and you're done.
This firmware aims to improve the user experience and includes support for a USB WiFi dongle, has a app store and includes an updater. (Requires WiFi) It gets reasonably frequent updates. (About once every few months)
---[ Github Page ]---[ Download ]---[ Installation instructions ]---
For downloading: Make sure you're getting the RG350 Firmware and not the firmware for the RG350M, then click on assets and...
- Get the flasher IF this is your first time installing this firmware
- Get the updater IF you're updating your firmware
- Get the sd_image.bin IF you want to do a complete clean install.
This is also stated in the installation instructions.
The RG-350 Alternative Firmware (RG350-ROGUE) works with more devices.
This is not officially supported or stated but this info has come from
If any device isn't working, don't worry as you can always try other firmware.
|⠀||Anbernic RG-350 (Sept 2019)|
|Might work >⠀||Anbernic RG-350P (2020)|
|Might work? >||Anbernic RG-350M (2020)|
|⠀||PocketGo2 V2 (2020)|