Notes of Encouragement
This is a command-line interface (CLI) application written in Node.js that displays one random note of encouragement each time it is run.
I wrote this application for my son, so he can always get a note of encouragement from me whenever he needs one. You don't even need to be connected to the Internet!
Modifying For Someone Special in Your Life
If you want to use this application for someone special, you can update the following using a good editor like Visual Studio Code:
/package.json: change the
/binto be whatever command you want. Right now it's set to
heybuddy. Change yours to
hi-beautiful, or whatever you wish!
Installing on Someone's Computer
- Download and install node.js.
- Download, extract, and modify this source code, or copy all the modified source code from your computer to a folder on their computer.
- Open up a terminal/command window.
- Change to the directory where the source code files are located.
- Run the following command to install dependencies and install it as a CLI app.
npm install npm install -g .
Last, add instructions to your loved one's computer to open up a terminal/command prompt window and type
heybuddy (or whatever you defined as your app in the
Hope this helps you touch someone's heart and let them know you love them! ❤
- Modify the source code to add/remove notes.
- Reinstall the CLI app same as installing it before.
npm install -g .
npm uninstall -g notes-of-encouragement