This is the source code to http://www.seddit.com/. It includes an XMPP server that accepts Reddit credentials, and an HTML/JS chat client.
Seddit is a website with chatrooms based around Reddit.com. You sign in with your Reddit identity, and there's a chatroom corresponding to each subreddit.
Moderators of a subreddit are automatically moderators of the corresponding chatroom on Seddit. Users can connect using the web client or their own preferred Jabber/XMPP client, such Pidgin, Adium, or Colloquy.
- fork and clone
ssh-keygen -f id_rsa
- Copy the public key to your clipboard. (On OS X:
cat id_rsa.pub | pbcopy.)
- Open the GitHub admin page for the project. Go to Deploy Deys > Add another deploy key. Paste the key in.
- Fix the settings at the top of
fabfile.py, including the domain, sever username, and GitHub path.
- fix the
- Start an Ubuntu 11.10 server. Make sure your domain and all subdomains are resolving correctly to point to your server.
- From your local checkout, make sure you have Fabric and jinja2 installed. (
pip install Fabric jinja2)
fab stage_dev bootstrap_everything
Your server should now be running the site.