Review Bot is a tool for automating tasks on code uploaded to Review Board, and posting the results as a code review. Review Bot was built to automate the execution of static analysis tools.
Review Bot is:
- Extensible: Writing plugins is simple using a convenient API to retrieve code files and craft a review. If more power is needed, tools can access the full Review Board API.
- Scalable: Review Bot is built using Celery and can scale out to service very large Review Board instances.
- Integrated Configuration: Tools are configured through the Review Board admin panel, including settings uniquely defined for each task.
Supported Code Checking Tools
Review Bot can perform automated code reviews using any of the following tools:
- BuildBot "try" - Builds the patch in a configured BuildBot environment
- checkstyle - A static analysis tool that provides a variety of checkers for Java code
- Cppcheck - A static analysis tool for C/C++ code
- CppLint - Checks C++ code against Google's style guide
- doc8 - Check ReStructuredText documentation for styling and syntax errors.
- flake8 - A wrapper around several Python code quality tools
- PMD - A static analysis tool that provides checkers for many languages
- pycodestyle - A code style checker for Python code
- pydocstyle - A static analysis tool for Python docstring conventions
- pyflakes - A static analysis tool for Python code
See the links above for installation and usage instructions.
Installing Review Bot
We can help you get going with Review Bot, and diagnose any issues that may come up. There are three levels of support: Public Community Support, Private Basic Support, and Private Premium Support.
The public community support is available on our main discussion list. We generally respond to requests within a couple of days. This support works well for general, non-urgent questions that don't need to expose confidential information.
Private Support plans are available through support contracts. We offer same-day support options, handled confidentially over e-mail or our support tracker, and can assist with a wide range of requests.
See your support options for more information.
Our Happy Users
There are thousands of companies and organizations using Review Board today. We respect the privacy of our users, but some of them have asked to feature them on the Happy Users page.
If you're using Review Board, and you're a happy user, let us know!
Hit a bug? Let us know by filing a bug report.
You can also look through the existing bug reports to see if anyone else has already filed the bug.
Are you a developer? Do you want to help build new tools or features for Review Bot? Great! Let's help you get started.
First off, read through our Contributor Guide.
We accept patches to Review Bot, Review Board, RBTools, and other related projects on reviews.reviewboard.org. (Please note that we do not accept pull requests.)
Got any questions about anything related to Review Board and development? Head on over to our development discussion list.