Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Being a good software engineer is more than just learning some skills. Staying up to date with libraries, operating systems, hardware, security and smart people is a requirement. Here's some recommended freqently-updated sites:
- Mischa Spiegelmock Institute of News - A collection of excellent RSS feeds about technology updated every few minutes. Make this your homepage.
- Machine Learning Libraries - A curated list of awesome Machine Learning frameworks, libraries and software.
- Hey Designer! - Giant pile of excellent web designer resources and articles.
- A List Apart - Articles by bad-ass designers on creating good user experiences, web design best practices, and how to work with designers.
- Learn to code - Articles for beginners on making web applications and more general useful info.
- Linux Weekly News - This site has tons and tons of articles on development, security, open source communities and linux kernel development, updated weekly. I pay to read the latest articles and it's 100% worth it.
- PROGRAMMING, MOTHERFUCKER - PROGRAMMING, MOTHER-FUCKER.
- Slashdot - Sometimes really retarded, but a mostly outstanding feed of the latest technology developments. Sorta like google news for big dorks.
- Khan Academy - Pretty much the most amazing thing on the internet. Free learning on anything you want to know.
- Here is a quick interactive tutorial on Vim www.openvim.com/tutorial.html
- Starting a new job