RetroArch for Wii with Retrode 2 and XBOX360 controller support
- The Retrode 2 cartridge reader offers USB mass storage access for your SNES and Genesis/MegaDrive cartridges. This works out of the box on the Wii!
- With my driver you can also use your SNES and Genesis/MegaDrive gamepads on your Wii!
- Support for 4 players!
- Tested with various games: Super Mario World, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman, Sonic and Boulder Dash
- I also maintain the Snes9x GX Retrode fork.
- Only XBOX360 wired version is supported (VID=0x045e, PID=0x028e)
- One XBOX360 controller works fine, in theory multiple controller should work, too, but is not tested.
- The LED shows which device slot is selected: 1-4. On some controllers the LED always flashes.
- Connect your Retrode 2, the XBOX360 controller and your USB drives, then start RetroArch.
- Do not unplug your USB controllers or USB drives after startup!
- My build is based on latest RetroArch sources, so expect some crashes. Usually a restart helps.
Download Retrode/XBOX360 Build
- Contains three cores: snes9x2010, genesis_plus_gx and caprice32
Download offical RetroArch Build with Retrode 2 support
- My Retrode driver is now available in the official RetroArch nightly builds
- Contains 46 cores!
- Add the autoconfig file Retrode.cfg to
- Create directory
- Configure input joypad driver to
hid, then restart.
- I usually add these values to the default config file
retroarch.cfg. (Or use the RetroArch menu to configure.)
input_joypad_driver = "hid" all_users_control_menu = "true" ;; open RetroArch menu with start+select (4) input_menu_toggle_gamepad_combo = "4"
- RetroArch will find four Retrode devices.
- If you want to use an additional USB gamepad, please note: RetroArch Wii only supports certain USB gamepads: VIDs/PIDs are hardcoded and an autoconfig file has to exist. As described in the official commit message.
- I also noticed that the autoconfig files for the Wii have a slightly different button layout. Just reconfigure if you have copied a file from another platform.
- Original SNES Mouse is not supported. (I don't have one, but if you give me the RetrodeTest output I could add it...)
Get devkitpro r29. Follow the offical documentation or read my summary:
RetroArchWiiRetrode> $ make -f Makefile.wii.salamander libretro-super> $ ./libretro-fetch.sh libretro-super> $ ./libretro-build-wii.sh snes9x2010 libretro-super> $ cp dist/wii/snes9x2010_libretro_wii.a ../RetroArchWiiRetrode/libretro_wii.a RetroArchWiiRetrode> $ make -f Makefile.griffin platform=wii RetroArchWiiRetrode> $ cp retroarch_wii.dol /SDcard/apps/RetroArch/boot.dol
The author of the Retrode USB Wii driver is not afflicted with Retrode.org or DragonBox Shop, but is a huge fan ;-) This software comes without any warranty. I am not responsible for any damage to your devices.