OSSEC v2.8 Copyright (C) 2014 Trend Micro Inc.
Information about OSSEC
OSSEC is a full platform to monitor and control your systems. It mixes together all the aspects of HIDS (host-based intrusion detection), log monitoring and SIM/SIEM together in a simple, powerful and open source solution.
Visit our website for the latest information. www.ossec.net
The current stable releases are available on the ossec website.
The development version is hosted on GitHub and just a simple git clone away.
# (cd /tmp/ && wget https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids/releases/download/v2.8.0/ossec-hids-2.8.tar.gz && tar xfz ossec-hids-2.8.tar.gz && cd ossec-hids-2.8 && sudo ./install.sh )
Then follow the prompts. You should still Read the Documenation here.
Credits and Thanks
- OSSEC comes with a modified version of zlib and a small part of openssl (sha1 and blowfish libraries)
- This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/).
- This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (email@example.com)
- This product include software developed by the zlib project (Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler).
- This product include software developed by the cJSON project (Dave Gamble)