- Windows (32 or 64 bit) with .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher.
- Any additional requirements will be referenced in the Help file (available in the binary release).
Compatible Database Management Systems
- Oracle Database 11g Express Edition
- Oracle Database 18c Express Edition
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (no longer being tested)
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (no longer being tested)
- Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (tested with version 22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle Database 18c (tested with version 18.3)
- Oracle Database 19c (tested with version 19.3)
Setup instructions are available in the Help file (available in the binary release).
- This is the 10th year anniversary edition, officially released on the 10th year anniversary of PDFKeeper.
- Logo for PDFKeeper has been changed.
- Description of PDFKeeper has been changed to "Open Source PDF Document Management System".
- Added compatibility for Oracle Database 18c Express Edition and 19c.
- Flag Document feature has been added for setting the flag state on a selected document record and when PDF documents are uploaded as a way to mark for follow-up.
- Category feature has been added for setting or clearing the category on one or more selected document records.
- Manage Upload Folder Configurations form has replaced the Upload Folders and Upload Folder Configuration forms.
- Add PDF Documents form has been redesigned to allow adding more than one PDF document without leaving the form.
- Optimistic concurrency has been added to Document Notes editing for preventing data loss during a save operation.
- All SQL statements that accept parameters have been parameterized to address SQL Injection concerns flagged by Code Analysis.
- Oracle Data Provider for .NET, included in Oracle Data Access Components Runtime 19.3 is now required offering better performance and security.
- Oracle Database user password is now being passed securely when connecting to the database preventing exposure in a page file swap or crash dump.
- Fixed issue with PDFKeeper incorrectly detecting that an upgrade was performed from a prior version when no user settings exist from a prior version.
- Entire application source code has been refactored and reorganized.
Third-Party Updates in the Binary Release
- AutoUpdater.NET was updated to 1.5.7.
- iTextSharp was updated to 126.96.36.199.
- pdftopng from Xpdf Tools was updated to 4.01.01.
- The database schema has changed requiring an existing schema created by a prior version of PDFKeeper to be upgraded. Database upgrade instructions are available in the Help file (available in the binary release).
- Oracle Data Access Components Runtime 19.3 is required that includes an updated Oracle Data Provider for .NET. Instructions are available in the Help file (available in the binary release).
- When upgrading from a previous version of PDFKeeper, the User name and Data source will need to be entered on the first login with PDFKeeper 5.0.0.
- Database Connection Pooling has been turned off to prevent PDFKeeper from consuming large amounts of memory on the database server causing "ORA-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection".
- Oracle Database 19c (19.3) requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 to be installed on the computer hosting the database.
- Starting with version 4.0.0, PDFKeeper is installed per-user requiring per-machine installs of PDFKeeper will need to be uninstalled manually.
- Annotations in a PDF document are not filtered by Oracle Database.
- Embedded fonts in a PDF document are not filtered correctly by Oracle Database.