Top 100 stories in the last 24 hours
An experimental BETA alternative “homepage” prototype for registerguard.com.
Best viewed using recent operating systems and browsers.
It also comes with a nifty single square if you want to put just the number one story in another page. See where this gets called from DT here (private).
This simplified single box comes with in-line minified CSS and JS so that the single file can be cached as needed. The CSS is all namespaced for use within #rg-home-popular which a surrounding div should have on the page you're embedding it. The JS is also simplified. Both of those need to be minded in the gruntfile.
- Grunt.js for the build.
- jQuery for the framework goodness.
- Isotope for themagical layout.
- Infinite Scroll for the dynamic page loading.
- FastClick for
300msfaster clicks on mobile browsers.
- imagesLoaded for, like, images done. What!
- Pure for just the grids.
- Normalize.css for consistent cross-browser styling.
- Moment.js & moment.twitter to formats dates like Twitter.
Initial demo test code:
… and other development notes, can be found here.
Copyright © The Register-Guard 2014. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, without express and written permission from the owner, is strictly prohibited.