A Quake3Arena BSP and MAP file parser written in Java
Update: Now contains a Quake2 to Prodeus Map Converter!
Please Note: If you have issues with getting the converter to run, I have uploaded the resulting file (base1.emap) and the needed Materials to the downloads page as well. You can find the converted map and the Materials here: https://github.com/rhulha/Q3BSPParser/releases
Please click on "Assets" to open up the hidden file section.
Here are the steps needed to convert Quake2 Base1 to Prodeus:
- Buy, install and run Prodeus at least once.
- Download and extract Base1.map from https://icculus.org/gtkradiant/downloads/1.5/gamepacks/q2-example-maps-2004-12-06.tar.gz
- Download and extract quake2-neural-upscale-textures-2.0.1.zip from https://github.com/Calinou/quake2-neural-upscale
- Download MapConverter from https://github.com/rhulha/Q3BSPParser/releases
- If you want to decompile BSPs to Maps, I had great success using this: https://github.com/wfowler1/bsp-decompiler
Update2: Now contains a Quake3 to glTF Converter!