WebGL and RequireJS Demo
A project that shows how great WebGL and RequireJS work together
View a live demo here: http://rhulha.github.com/WebGLAndRequireJSDemo/demo
View a a prettier version of this text here: http://rhulha.github.com/WebGLAndRequireJSDemo
What do you get with this demo project ?
- A beautiful WebGL engine modularized using RequireJS.
- A simple node based scene graph.
- A 6 degrees of freedom Camera class without Gimbal-Lock ( think space ship view).
- A Spatial class that allows objects to be moved and rotated relative to its current position.
- 3 shader programs included (points, textured, color ).
- Learn how to use RequireJS to load shader source files easily.
- Learn an effective way to switch shader programs.
- WebGL particles using the included points shader.
- Matrix calculations are done with the excellent gl-matrix.
- A strong case why and how to use RequireJS with WebGL
- incl. the text and domReady extensions for RequireJS.
Please note this is not a full featured engine like ThreeJS or CubicVRJS.
This project is aimed at giving programmers a good starting point if they want to work with pure WebGL.