Collaborative Markdown + math
- http://mathdown.net (original)
- http://rhythmus.be/mathdown (redesign fork)
- Einstein’s 1905 paper on special relativity
⚠ Alpha quality! Will eat your math, burn your bookmarks & expose your secrets.
- CodeMirror, as the basis for wysiwyg editing in
- MathJax, for magical typesetting of LaTeX equations;
- glued by CodeMirror-MathJax;
- Firebase’s Firepad, for real-time collaboration.
- Free testing courtesy of Sause Labs.
- @cben’s code (including CodeMirror-MathJax) is under MIT License.
- My css too.
- CodeMirror is also MIT.
After checking out, run this to materialize
git submodule update --init --recursive
--remote to upgrade to newest versions of all submodules (need to commit afterwards if anything changed).
About the redesign
The redesign was inspired by this discussion, and as an experiment in search for how wysiwyg Markdown editing could look like.
Other things called “mathdown”
- https://github.com/mayoff/Mathdown/tree/mathjax — Markdown.pl hacked for MathJax pass-through
- http://kwkbtr.info/log/201010050320 — a way to combine Showdown + Mathjax