Unmaintained repository. Development moved to: https://github.com/nordic-institute/X-Road
X-Road is now actively developed by the Nordic Institute for Interoperability Solutions (NIIS) The original X-Road codebase here will be kept for archive purposes.
About the repository
This repository contains information about the X-Road, source codes, its development, installation and documentation.
X-Road source code
Source code of X-Road is open for all and it is licenced under MIT licence.
Introduction to X-Road
What is X-Road?
X-Road, the data exchange layer for information systems, is a technological and organizational environment enabling a secure Internet-based data exchange between information systems.
X-Road Data Exchange Layer is a standardised, cohesive, collaborative, interoperable and secure data exchange layer that gives service providers a completely new kind of opportunity of making themselves visible in services directed at citizens, businesses and civil servants. Creating entities that combine many different services and data sources is easy and cost efficient.
- Improves the quality of existing services and products
- Enables new types of service innovations
- Savings in infrastructure, archiving and other costs
- Standardised data security and privacy protection
- Easy implementation, data access via interfaces – after connecting all included services are available
See Data Exchange Layer X-Road for more information about X-Road.
Development of X-Road
X-Road development backlog is in Github: X-Road development backlog
- Backlog is a list of technical 'features' that are or will be developed to X-Road core technology.
Future developments are coordinated by X-Road Joint Development Roadmap
- X-Road Steering Group committee coordinates roadmap items.
How to contribute?
- X-Road Working Group committee review all proposals and decides what enhancements will be included to future X-Road versions.
How to build X-Road?
See instructions in src/BUILD.md
X-Road central servers, configuration proxies and security servers can be automatically installed with the Ansible scripts found in ansible subdirectory. See instructions in ansible/README.md
X-Road technical documentation
Further information about X-Road
More information about X-tee and Palveluväylä
Estonia - X-tee (in Estonian)
Finland - Palveluväylä (in Finnish)
Estonia - X-tee contacts
Finland - Palveluväylä contacts
Current repository is collaboration platform between Finnish and Estonian government for joint development of X-Road. Cooperation is organized by the Nordic Institute for Interoperability Solutions (NIIS).
Consultational services for deploing independent X-Road instances should be obtained from enterprises with such services. Known organizations are:
No support for X-Road deployment is provided here.