Ladies and Gentlemen….
WIND: A simple way to think
Wind is a blog engine. And it’s simple, realy simple.
HTML5 is pretty, and Wind was developed with it. Ready for the future! Until 2012, at least.
Why simple? Because you don’t need a extravaganza just to write. Or do you think that Bible was written with a powerfull word processor? Powerfull inspiration, ok, but with simple tools.
Maybe you want to view a example: http://wagnerandrade.com/
1 – Features
Few features, but the engine is in constant development. Nevertheless, Wind dont want a lot of stuffs and tools, it’s made to be simple.
The basic features are:
- Semantic HTML5. This is a important feature to internet future.
- Feed RSS. Basic in a blog.
- HTML widgets. To create menus, texts, twitter widget, flicker or what you has in your mind.
- Textile text formatting. To do a easy, beauty and semantic text formatting.
- Database-agnostic-independent-cool. You can use your prefered database.
- We forgot a important feature? Suggest!
New features, future features and suggest features:
2 – How it works?
Download the source code and install the required gems (to sqlite database):
sudo gem install sinatra sqlite3-ruby sequel RedCloth builder
Ok, now is just run the server:
Open your favorite browser, access:
Ok… login (link on footer), think and write!
The default admin code is “admin”. D’oh!
3 – Config & Settings
All (few) configurations can be made in config.rb file.
Blog settings (name, code…) could be edited in settings page.
4 – Themes
Build a theme to wind is very easy. Just put a
style.css file and your resources (images, fonts…) on
Some simple themes are available in wind-themes repository.
Submit your theme!