0.2.0 (current version)
- NOTE: This release is NOT backwards compatible. Please migrate your databases:
rename_column :recommendable_ignores, :ignoreable_id, :ignorable_id rename_column :recommendable_ignores, :ignoreable_type, :ignorable_type rename_table :recommendable_stashed_items, :recommendable_stashes
- Fix an issue with recommendable models implemented via STI
- Fix a library-wide typo of "ignoreable" to "ignorable"
- Yanked due to breaking bug
- Revert changes made in 0.1.7 due to licensing
- Yanked and no longer available.
- Attempted switch from Resque to Sidekiq
- Dynamic finders for your User class:
- Implement sorting of recommendable models:
>> Movie.top(5) => [#<Movie id: 14>, #<Movie id: 15>, #<Movie id: 13>, #<Movie id: 12>, #<Movie id: 11>] >> Movie.top => #<Movie id: 14>
- Bugfix: users/recommendable objects will now be removed from Redis upon being destroyed
- Major bugfix: similarity values were, incorrectly, being calculated as 0.0 for every user pair. Sorry!
- The tables for all models are now all prepended with "recommendable_" to avoid possible collision. If upgrading from a previous version, please do the following:
$ rails g migration RenameRecommendableTables
And paste this into your new migration:
class RenameRecommendableTables < ActiveRecord::Migration def up rename_table :likes, :recommendable_likes rename_table :dislikes, :recommendable_dislikes rename_table :ignores, :recommendable_ignores rename_table :stashed_items, :recommendable_stashed_items end def down rename_table :recommendable_likes, :likes rename_table :recommendable_dislikes, :dislikes rename_table :recommendable_ignores, :ignores rename_table :recommendable_stashed_items, :stashed_items end end
acts_as_recommendableis no longer needed in your models
- Instead of declaring
acts_as_recommended_toin your User class, please use
recommendsinstead, passing in a list of your recommendable models as a list of symbols (e.g.
recommends :movies, :books)
- Your initializer should no longer declare the user class. This is no longer necessary and is deprecated.
- Fix an issue that caused the unnecessary need for eager loading models in development
- Removed aliases:
- Renamed methods:
- Code quality tweaks
0.1.3 (current version)
- Improvements to speed of similarity calculations.
- Added an instance method to items that act_as_recommendable,
rated_by. This returns an array of users that like or dislike the item.
- Fix an issue that could cause similarity values between users to be incorrect.
User#common_dislikes_withnow return the actual Model instances by default. Accordingly, these methods are no longer private.
- Introduce the "stashed item" feature. This gives the ability for users to save an item in a list to try later, while at the same time removing it from their list of recommendations. This lets your users keep getting new recommendations without necessarily having to rate what they know they want to try.
- Welcome to recommendable!