Ladies and Gentlemen…
Wind is a blog engine. And it’s simple, realy simple.
HTML5 is pretty, and Wind was developed with it. Ready for the future! Until 2012, at least.
Why simple? Because you don’t need a extravaganza just to write. Or do you think that Bible was written with a powerfull word processor? Powerfull inspiration, ok, but with simple tools.
Maybe you want to view a example: http://wagnerandrade.com/
Few features, but the engine is in constant development. Nevertheless, Wind dont want a lot of stuffs and tools, it’s made to be simple.
The basic features are:
- Semantic HTML5. This is a important feature to internet future.
- Feed RSS. Basic in a blog.
- HTML widgets. To create menus, texts, twitter widget, flicker or what you has in your mind.
- Textile text formatting. To do a easy, beauty and semantic text formatting.
- Database-agnostic-independent-cool. You can use your prefered database.
- We forgot a important feature? Suggest!
New features, future features and suggest features:
Download the source code and install the required gems (to sqlite database):
sudo gem install sinatra sqlite3-ruby sequel RedCloth builder
Ok, now is just run the server:
Open your favorite browser, access:
Ok… login (link on footer), think and write!
The default admin code is “admin”. D’oh!
All (few) configurations can be made in config.rb file.
Blog settings (name, code…) could be edited in settings page.
Build a theme to wind is very easy. Just put a
style.css file and your resources (images, fonts…) on
Some simple themes are available in wind-themes repository.
Submit your theme!