Click here for the live application.
The application was built using the following technologies:
- Bootstrap by Twitter Inc
- jQuery by the jQuery Foundation Inc.
- Open Iconic by Iconic
- Popper.js by Federico Zivolo.
By default, this web scene of San Francisco is used. To use an alternative scene, use a webscene query to specify the id of the alternative scene. For example: https://richiecarmichael.github.io/gamepad/index.html?webscene=5c2293d8f06448f9a05fa508b4f28b9e
- When the app starts, the camera may spontaneously creep without any controller interaction. Occasionally it may be an erratic spin. To correct this, after a few seconds press the start button. This will reset the controller.
- Occasionally when the app starts, scene layers (e.g. buildings) may no fully load. To correct this refresh the browser and wait 5-10 seconds before using the controller.
- The app is experimental. The app is based on draft implementations of the gamepad API in modern browsers.
- The app has not been tested with a Sony PlayStation controller.