What is IOS Boilerplate
Is a code base for iOS projects. Current version provides
- BaseViewController with methods for secure handling of async http requests
- ImageManager: a class for downloading images asynchronously
- FastCell (inspired on Atebits implementation) is a base class for implementing custom UITableViewCells with fast scrolling.
- ListViewController: a base class for creating ViewControllers with one UITableView that can be refreshed with a pull-down component.
- Place: a simple implementation of the MKAnnotation protocol
- DictionaryHelper: an NSDictionary helper with methods for safe handling of collections
- StringHelper: an NSString helper with methods for manipulating NSStrings. Including: trim, sha1 and urlEncode method.
- DataHelper: an NSData helper with one method: hexString. It is used inside StringHelper to calculate the sha1 hash hexstring representation of a given string
The project contains some examples with the use of those utility classes:
- Example that fetches a JSON object through an async HTTP request, and shows a progress HUD.
- Example that fetches a single image with ImageManager
- Example that combines FastCells with async image loading using ImageManager.
- Example of variable height table cells using FastCell.
- Example that shows how to extend ListViewController to create a tableview with a simple pull-down-to-refresh component.
- Example that shows how to implement a swipeable cell
- ViewController that uses MapOverlays and the Google Maps API to show the directions between two points.
- Search bar that autocompletes locations.
IOS Boilerplate includes the following third-party software: