Fancy Bear Source Code
This repo contains actual source code found during IR. The code provides a communication channel for the attacker and infected client. It uses Google's gmail servers to send and receive encoded messages.
Some artifacts are summorized below
- Comments are in english, with a lot of grammar mistakes
- Subject of an email is: 'piradi nomeri'. This means Personal Number in Georgian
- It saves files with **detaluri_**timetsamp.dat. 'Detaluri' is also Georgian for "details".
- In the email body it uses the word: "gamarjoba". Meaning 'Hello' in Georgian.
These are the Gmail account details used, I've verified they once worked (but not anymore!)
- POP3_MAIL_IP = 'pop.gmail.com'
- POP3_PORT = 995
- POP3_ADDR = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- POP3_PASS = '30Jass11'
- SMTP_MAIL_IP = 'smtp.gmail.com'
- SMTP_PORT = 587
- SMTP_TO_ADDR = 'email@example.com'
- SMTP_FROM_ADDR = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- SMTP_PASS = '75Gina75'
Command and Control server
- XAS_IP = '18.104.22.168'
- XAS_GATE = '/updates/'
The code is completely left as found on the original server, including the log files.
ESET has the complete source code of XAgent, read their report here: http://www.welivesecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/eset-sednit-part-2.pdf