The most brutal app in human history. This app takes a picture of your face and scores it from 0 to 1 where 1 is the most attractive.
I'm not very pretty according to the app.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS APP IS A JOKE AND SHOULD BE REGARDED AS SUCH. PRETTINESS IS SUBJECTIVE AND THE OUTPUT OF THIS APP SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
- I started looking for a dataset which has images of faces along with labels for attractiveness. I used a subset of this dataset.
- Many images.
- Many labels.
- Publicly available without registration.
- I built and trained a model using TensorFlow 2 and Keras on Google Colab. You can view the model here. I also exported the model to a
.tflitefile which can be found here.
- MobileNet for fast inference on mobile devices.
- Used binary classification because there is only one class.
- Trained the model only on input images and not other aspects because we don't have access to those at inference time.
- I built a simple app which has a camera layer. See #b2c17cf.
- I followed the TensorFlow lite iOS guide and added the model to my app.
- I chose to use a local model to preserve the users privacy.
HowPretty works with the newest version of iOS 13.3.
Currently HowPretty is an MVP. There are a couple of things that could be improved if this app goes into production:
- Add a nicer score UI. For example, add a label or "progress bar" for scores instead of an alert.
- Retrain the model on the full set of images instead of a subset.
- Add a loading screen.
- Design an app icon.
- Add an Android version.
- Use bounding boxes of face to crop the image for higher accuracy. Tell the user to move closer or further away to get the perfect resolution (150 by 150).
- Add a share buttons which shares the image, score and a link to the app.