The ircstatus is a pidgin plugin to change the IRC nick of one of your accounts when changing your general status in your application. The new nick is obtained by the concatenation of + + :
- username: It is the username configured in the IRC account selected.
- separator: It is the string configured in the preferences (by default "|").
- status: It is the status title but sanitized (all non-alphanumeric characters are replaced by an underscore "_").
The plugin just works for one of your IRC accounts (you can configure which one in the preferences).
In order to configure the plugin you need the autotools packages:
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/rickyepoderu/ircstatus
- Execute the bootstrap command in the plugin root directory:
cd ircstatus ./bootstrap
- Configure, make and make install (bu default the resulting library is installed in the user plugin directory for pidgin ~/.purple/plugins/):
./configure make make install
- Restart pidgin and configure your IRC account in the Tools -> Plugins -> IRC Status preferences page.