This is a stand-alone script which starts a Node.js application that can be used to generate and customize a Model Privacy Notice for health care developers.
Run the app
note: you may need to use
sudo for these commands
npm install npm run dev
npm install npm run build npm start
Test out the app
Open up a web browser and navigate to http://localhost:3030 to test the app
MPN GEN works on the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge, and Safari as of 7/29/2017.
[x] Floats at top
[x] Automatically shows what's been completed
[x] Validates phone numbers
[x] Validates email
[x] Validates urls
[x] Uses correct form types for easy mobile entry (e.g. tel, number, email, text)
[x] Autocomplete country selector
[x] Header changes to green when valid data
[x] Do not share automatically removes share options
[x] Highlight incomplete questions
[x] Display responses as JSON
[x] Styles in header of MPN are easy to change
[x] Export as JSON
[x] Conditional questions appear only when needed
[x] Other entry
[x] Question Schema controls all questions to be asked
[x] Tooltips in CSS for footnotes, so no external JS dependencies needed
User Feedback Fixes
[x] improve style, reduce contrast of resulting mpn headers
- tone down black background on headings
[x] intro messaging
- make it "lets build your privacy notice"
- explain UX, form validation
- rephrase "to get started, jump right into the form"
- remove left hand right hand, just say left / right
- change style of tooltips, too similar to a link
- add back original links for preamble
[x] improve the look of the landing experience
[x] fix top header of mpn sections
- rename company to contact
- rename data to data use
- explain the top company, data, security, user are sections that will be filled in automatically
- the mpn generator will guide you through completing these sections
[x] visually separate generator from the background info.
[x] improve mpn preview
- flip the paper style onto the preview section.
- use formal document text for the MPN
[x] multiple privacy policies
- explain the pre requisite links before beginning
[x] link http issue
- https / http should not be required
- "link to your online contact or comment form"
- fix typo on what is link to full hippo policy
[x] contact section
- add the header to the first contact section
- move contact info to the bottom
- suggest name & address at top, phone, email, then contact / policy
[x] fix the we do not share your data to remove all other checks
- if data not stored on device, automatically select not applicable
[x] Does this technology or app allow you to share the collected data with your social media accounts, like Facebook?
- clarify settings are for social settings, only request external url
[x] improve export section
- required messaging: clarify that you have to fill out everything that
- create some method to save work
- separate the export options
- rename export options - to export as..