Wireless Live Streaming plug-in
Wireless Live Streaming plug-in can stream live 360 movie to YouTube directly from RICOH THETA.
2. Terms of Service
You agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations applicable to the jurisdiction in which the Software was obtained and in which it is used. Without limiting the foregoing, in connection with use of the Software, you shall not export or re-export the Software into any U.S. embargoed countries (currently including, but necessarily limited to, Crimea – Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use the Software for any purposes prohibited by any applicable laws, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
By using the Wireless Live Streaming plug-in, you are agreeing to the above and the license terms, LICENSE.txt.
Copyright © 2019 Ricoh Company, Ltd.
3. Development Environment
- RICOH THETA V and RICOH THETA Z1
- Firmware version 2.50.1 (V), 1.03.5 (Z1)
How to update your RICOH THETA firmware:
Android Studio install apk after build automatically. Or use the following command after build.
adb install -r app-debug.apk
Give permissions for this plug-in.
Using desktop viewing app as Vysor, open Settings app and turns on the permissions at "Apps" > "Wireless Live Streaming" > "Permissions"
5. How to Use
If "stream name" can be used repeatedly, plug-in settings (input of "stream name" and "primary server URL") are required only once at the beginning. In this case, you can start streaming just by pressing the shutter button after setting streaming events on YouTube.
The following steps are for the first use. We recommend that the THETA be close to fully charged before starting the steps.
- Turn on the THETA.
- Open RICOH THETA app on your Win/Mac.
- Set this plug-in as an active plugin from "File" > "Plug-in management..."
- Connect THETA to Wireless-LAN by client mode.
For example, let's assume that there are a THETA, a macOS machine and an iPhone on the same wireless LAN.
- Set active plug-in.
- Open the THETA mobile app on an iOS / Android smartphone.
- Tap "Settings" at right bottom corner.
- Confirm "Connection" is "Wi-Fi" or "Wi-Fi+Bluetooth".
- Tap "Camera settings".
- Tap "Plug-in".
- Select "Wireless Live Streaming".
- Check IP address of the camera
- Back to the Camera settings.
- Check IP-address of THETA on smartphone app.
If you use macOS type "dns-sd -q THETAYL01234567.local" in Terminal. Here "THETAYL01234567" is an example, please change to your serial number.
- Setup "Stream Name" and "Primary Server URL" on YouTube.
- Setup YouTube Ingestion Settings in event and check "Stream Name" and "Primary Server URL"
- Select "Reusable stream key" in "Select type of stream key" of the setting. This is the key point to omit the plugin setting from the next.
- Launch plug-in.
Press Mode button till LED2 turns white or launch plug-in from the smartphone app (RICOH THETA)
- Open Web UI of plug-in.
Open the URL (http://ip-address:8888) on the browser.
Here, ip-address is example. Change it to your THETA's IP address.
- Enter streaming setting.
- Put "Primary Server URL" of YouTube to the "Server URL" box in Web UI.
- Put "Stream Name" of YouTube to the "Stream name/key" box in Web UI.
- Select Resolution (e.g. 4K(3840x1920) 30fps).
- Select Bit rates from the list. If you select "Auto", the camera will need to stream once to check the bandwidth of the network.
- Press "Fix streaming settings" button.
- Prepare streaming on YouTube.
Please use the same stream name specified at step.7.
- Start streaming from THETA
Press Shutter key or press "Start streaming" button in the Web UI.
- Check preview on YouTube's "Live Control Room" or Facebook live.
- Start streaming from YouTube.
- On the air
- Stop streaming from YouTube.
- Stop streaming from THETA.
Press Shutter key or press "Stop streaming" button in the Web UI.
- ver.1.0.9 (2018/07/23): Initial version.
- ver 1.1.1 (2019/05/08): THETA Z1 is supported.
The names of products and services described in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.
- Android, Nexus, Google Chrome, Google Play, Google Play logo, Google Maps, Google+, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Cloud Print and YouTube are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Apple, Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac, Mac OS, OS X, AppleTalk, Apple TV, App Store, AirPrint, Bonjour, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod, iPod mini, iPod classic, iPod touch, iWork, Safari, the App Store logo, the AirPrint logo, Retina and iPad Pro are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. The App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Microsoft, Windows, Windows Vista, Windows Live, Windows Media, Windows Server System, Windows Server, Excel, PowerPoint, Photosynth, SQL Server, Internet Explorer, Azure, Active Directory, OneDrive, Outlook, Wingdings, Hyper-V, Visual Basic, Visual C ++, Surface, SharePoint Server, Microsoft Edge, Active Directory, BitLocker, .NET Framework and Skype are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. The name of Skype, the trademarks and logos associated with it, and the "S" logo are trademarks of Skype or its affiliates.
- Wi-Fi™, Wi-Fi Certified Miracast, Wi-Fi Certified logo, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, WPA, WPA 2 and Miracast are trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- The official name of Windows is Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.