A fast and clever open source hex editor for macOS.
Download the latest version for macOS 10.8 or greater from the releases page.
- Insert, delete, rearrange. Hex Fiend does not limit you to in-place changes like some hex editors.
- Work with huge files. Hex Fiend can handle as big a file as you’re able to create. It’s been tested on files as large as 118 GB.
- Small footprint. Hex Fiend does not keep your files in memory. You won’t dread launching or working with Hex Fiend even on low-RAM machines.
- Fast. Open a huge file, scroll around, copy and paste, all instantly. Find what you’re looking for with fast searching.
- Binary diff. Hex Fiend can show the differences between files, taking into account insertions or deletions. Simply open two files in Hex Fiend and then use the File > Compare menus.
- Smart saving. Hex Fiend knows not to waste time overwriting the parts of your files that haven’t changed, and never needs temporary disk space.
- Data inspector. Interpret data as integer or floating point, signed or unsigned, big or little endian.
- Binary templates (beta). See documentation.
- Embeddable! It’s really easy to incorporate Hex Fiend’s hex or data views into your app using the Hex Fiend framework. Its permissive BSD-style license won’t burden you. See the API reference for details.