Variable Fonts - Android O Demo
In this sample app, variable fonts are loaded up and some of their properties changed at runtime.
What is a variable font?
A variable font allows you to specify certain attributes of a font at runtime. Which means you do not need to package multiple font files, therefore saving download size.
Benefits of Variable Fonts
- Smaller File size to download
- More options baked into a single font
- More powerful font specifications
- Variable Fonts are only available on Android O and are not yet a part of the Support Library.
- If you are animating the font between settings, this may cause performance issues