RightScale Policy Templates
This repo contains a library of open source RightScale Policy Templates to provide governance via automation across Cost, Security, Operational, and Compliance categories. All contributions are shared under the MIT license.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Released Policy Templates
- AWS Reserved Instance Expiration
- AWS Reserved Instances Utilization
- AWS Reserved Instance Reservation Coverage
- AWS Reserved Instances Report by Billing Center
- Downsize Instances
- Unattached Volumes Policy
- Old Snapshots
- Schedule Instances
- Billing Center Access Report
- Unattached IP Addresses
- Scheduled Report
- Security Group: ICMP Enabled
- Security Group: Rules Without Description
- Security Group: High Open Ports
- Security Groups With Ports Open To The World
- AWS Open Buckets Policy
- Google Open Buckets Policy
Instructions to upload policy templates to RightScale
- The policy templates in the repo are the files that have a .pt extension.
- Select the desired policy template, click on the “Raw” button, and then right-click and choose “Save As” to save the file to your computer.
- To upload the template to your account, navigate over to the Templates page in the left nav bar in Governance. Ensure you have the role to access policy management in RightScale. Learn More about Policy Access Control.
- Click the “Upload Policy Template” button in the account you wish to test the policy and follow the instructions to upload the template you just downloaded.
RightScale Policy Template Documentation
- Getting Started
- Reference Documentation
- Policy Template Language
- Markdown Editor - Use this to test Markdown Syntax
Support for these policy templates will be provided though GitHub Issues and the RightScale public slack channel #policies. Visit http://chat.rightscale.com/ to join!
Opening an Issue
Github issues contain a template for three types of requests(Bugs, New Features to an existing Policy Template, New Policy Template Request)
- Bugs: Any issue you are having with an existing policy template not functioning correctly, this does not include missing features, or actions.
- New Feature Request: Any feature(Field, Action, Link, Output, etc) that are to be added to an existing policy template.
- New Policy Template Request: Request for a new policy template.
Troubleshooting Danger Locally
- You can test against a pull request via: bundle exec danger pr https://github.com/rightscale/policy_templates/pull/73 --pry