Billing Center Cost Anomaly Policy
As a best practice, this policy should only be applied to the Master Account, and not to each individual RightScale Account.
What it does
The Cost Anomaly Policy will analyze the spend of all Billing Centers in an Organization over a specified time period. If the percentage change of the most recent period compared to the previous period exceeds the specified threshold, then an Incident will be raised.
- The policy polls all Billing Centers, looking for any that have exceeded the Percent Change threshold
- The last 2 days are not included in the analysis, due to potential delays of the cloud providers updating their billing data
- Time Period - Number of days to analyze in each period. For example, if
6days is set, then the latest time period will be 8 days ago to 3 days ago (to account for cloud provider bill delays) and the previous time period will be 14 days ago to 9 days ago.
- Minimum Value: 1
- Maximum Value: 31
- Anomaly Threshold - Percentage change threshold. If the percentage change of Billing Center spend from the latest time period compared to the previous time period exceeds this value, then an Incident will be raised.
- Cost Metric - Specify options for amortized vs nonamortized and blended vs unblended costs.
- Email addresses of the recipients you wish to notify - A list of email addresses to notify
Required RightScale Roles
This Policy Template does not incur any cloud costs.