Budget Alerts Policy
As a best practice, this policy should only be applied to the Master Account, and not to each individual RightScale Account.
What it does
This Policy Template is used to determine if a Billing Center or the entire Organization has exceeded its monthly cost budget.
- This policy supports a single target (ie. 1 specific Billing Center or the entire Organization). In order to apply a budget alert for multiple targets, you will need to apply this policy multiple times.
- Actual Spend budget alerts will raise an incident when the target has exceeded the budget for the month
- Forcasted Spend budget alerts will raise an incident when the target's runrate is on track to exceed the budget for the month
This policy has the following input parameters required when launching the policy.
- Monthly Budget - specify the monthly budget. Currency is irrelevant; the policy will default to whichever currency is used in Optima.
- Budget Scope - Organization or Billing Center
- Billing Center Name - if the scope is "Billing Center", supply the name of the target Billing Center
- Cost Metric - specify options for amortized vs nonamortized and blended vs unblended costs
- Budget Alert Type - Actual Spend or Forecasted Spend
- Email addresses of the recipients you wish to notify - A list of email addresses to notify
Required RightScale Roles
- billing_center_viewer (note: this role must be applied at the Organization level)
This Policy Template does not incur any cloud costs.