Google Committed Use Discount (CUD) Report
As a best practice, this policy should only be applied to the Master Account, and not to each individual RightScale Account.
What it does
This policy identifies all CUDs that exist in a given GCP project and provides a report listing them all. It can optionally report on all CUDs or only those that are active or expired.
- Uses the GCP API to get a list of all CUDs and report on them.
- Create a service account (if not exists) with owner role under Google-cloud platform (IAM & admin -> service accounts). Generate key, a JSON file will get downloaded in which you can find 'client email' and 'private key' which has to be added as credentials in RightScale cloud management Design -> Credentials with name 'GC_SA_CLIENT_EMAIL' and 'GC_SA_PRIVATE_KEY' respectively.
- Email addresses of the recipients you wish to notify - A list of email addresses to notify
- Google Cloud Project - Google cloud project Id where CUD's exist.
- CUD Status - Allow the user to choose from "All", "Active" or "Expired"
Required RightScale Roles
This Policy Template does not incur any cloud costs.
Prerequisite to apply this policy
- Add New credentials (GC_SA_CLIENT_EMAIL and GC_SA_PRIVATE_KEY) if does not exists under RightScale cloud management Design -> Credentials.
- The value for credentials can be found in IAM & admin -> service accounts under Google-cloud platform.
Note: The Service Account in GCP should have owner role